Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Pumpkins







This idea is from the Halloween Pillsbury magazine. I only made about a third of the recipe since I only needed a few pumpkins for Brian's lunch. I'll type the directions below in case any one else wants to try them out....They are really tasty!

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings: 36 candies

1 Bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips (1 2/3 cups)
1 Container (1lb) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
1/4 teaspoon orange paste icing color (not liquid food color)
12 small pretzel twists or thin pretzel sticks, broken into 1/2-inch pieces

1. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 2-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in frosting and icing color until well blended. Refrigerate until cool enough to handle, about 1 hour.

2. Shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; flatten slightly. Use edge of rubber spatula to make grooves in each ball to look like lines on pumpkin. Press 1 pretzel piece into top of each for stem; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store in covered container in refrigerator.

* I used my Wilton orange icing color. When rolling into balls some of them got a bit tacky so I just put them down, washed and dried my hands, and then finished rolling them so they weren't as tacky. I also colored a bit of coconut with green icing color for my picture. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment