Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Plyo push-ups

Dearest Jillian,

I printed off my circuits for tomorrow and noticed that I get to attempt the plyo push-ups again....I mean seriously, did I not embarrass myself enough the other day? Two....two measly ones...and they were pretty pathetic! It's a good thing I know about the super secret room at the Y so I can do our workouts entirely in private without an audience watching my hilarious attempts at some of your exercises. Those straight legged squat thrusts were another jewel.....Lets just say that didn't happen! Can I blame my hamstrings? I have really tight hamstrings! ;o)

The food.....I have steered clear of cottage cheese since the first time I tried it...which probably coincided with my sister's decision to become a vegetarian in high school when my mom cooked an array of delightful tofu dishes. Ha! It's the consistancy, Jillian....who wants to put something like that into their mouth? Just for you.....I tried it again today. I was rather surprised that it didn't have a strong taste at all.....but the consistancy.....It still hasn't changed....and it was still hard for me to eat! The last time I was visiting Huntsville, I remember having a conversation with my dad about some foods he didn't like due to textures and consistancy....I think coconut is one of his dislikes due to texture....I didn't think I had any food aversions based solely on texture or consistancy but I now realize I do! I bought two containers of it....so I at least have to finish those...Who knows....I might just find a way to get over it....probably not!

I am happy to report that I haven't had my Diet Dr. Pepper in 3 days! It's been several years since that has happened! You're insisting on banishing the processed foods, artificial sweetners, dyes, etc...and so I think I'm not doing half bad for my 1st week. I still use sweet-in-low in my coffee in the mornings....and it will be a long while before I give that up....

I was so happy to have a day off today! Your workouts are killing me! I love them and you really make me miss Carol, Shelly & Brandy!

Off to rest up for another hard am workout! :o)

1 comment:

  1. You know what is really good with cottage cheese? Pineapple! Get some pineapple slices from the can or fresh pineapple chucks and mix it with the cottage cheese. That might help the texture thing since there will be something else in your mouth too.

    ReplyDelete