Friday, July 24, 2009

Previous creations for Brian's lunch







I'm not sure what made me decide to start doing this.....When I thought about sending Brian off to preschool, I never once thought about his lunch, besides reminding myself that I would have to pack one every day for him. I thought mainly about taking him to a new place and then turning around and him watching me walk out the door. I thought about what would be going through his mind....Would he think I was deserting him? Would he wonder how long he'd be there? Would he resent me for deciding to start him in preschool so soon? Or would he just be thrilled to be around other kids and learn new things? Luckily for all of us it was the latter of the above and he has just seemed to thrive in the 3 short weeks he has been attending preschool at JRC. Morgan and I discussed preschool a lot and decided on an early start due to Brian's slow progression. We had a choice between two local preschools that offer the services that Brian needs. I visited both and sat in on a classroom to observe teaching styles and the overall flow of the program. I felt an immense amount of pressure on my shoulders to choose the right school for Brian, and I feel like we made the right choice. This was one of those times when I really missed having Morgan around to help in the decision process. I involved him as much as possible and I'm really looking forward to him being able to go to JRC and see where Brian spends his days.

Ok...back to the lunches. I wanted to include a variety of foods so he had exposure to different tastes and textures. I've discovered that Brian isn't so much of a picky eater. He actually enjoys a wide variety of foods, just in very small quantities. I figured if I made lunch new and exciting, he might be willing to eat more of it. Thus began my new journey of finding or creating ideas for my little guy's lunch.

So without further ado, here are some of the previous creations that made it into Brian's Lunchbox. The fish sandwich was my own creation.....The other ideas, I found while surfing the web or on www.familyfun.com. Enjoy! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment